What’s in it for me?: A Kindle! Yep, every Livewire Member who submits a story gets a Kindle.
Ok! I’m excited, how do I enter? Great question! All you need to do is become a fully validated Livewire Member then post your story on the Livewire NewsFeed and tag us!
Details, Details, Details: For everyone who has entered already- thank you! Your Kindle will be coming to you in September, with all your stories pre-loaded onto it. For anyone who hasn’t entered yet- you can still get a Kindle! Here is how the activity will work for stories submitted after August 31.
- You must be a fully validated Livewire Member
- You need to publish your story on the Livewire NewsFeed and tag @livewirecompetitions
- Your Kindle will be sent to you within a week or two of your story being posted
- Kindles sent out after August 31 will not have stories pre-loaded on them
- One entry (and one Kindle!) per person (across the whole activity, not just the extension!)
- All entries must be your own work, and must be Livewire appropriate (think PG rated)
- We have 150 Kindles to give away- this activity will keep running until they have all been claimed
- We reserve the right to refuse entries if they don’t meet these conditions
So by now you might be wondering- what does my Story need to be, to make a valid entry? Well, there a lot of options!
Your Story could be…
- A poem or lyrics (max 250 words)
- Short Story (500-2000 words)
- Kids story (max 250 words)
- A review i.e. movie, game, book (max 500 words)
- A letter (max 1000 words)
- Film, play or musical script (250-2000 words)
- Storyboard or Comic (min 5 words)
- Essay (500-2000 words)
- Article (250-1000 words)
Happy Storytelling, Livewire! Remember, if you have any mates who are eligible for Livewire and want a Kindle of their own- send them our way!
Needs Some Inspo… grab a cuppa and read more below…
Once upon a time a Livewire Member sat down on a cold winter’s night with uggs boots, a cuppa and laptop open. They stared blankly at the white rectangle wondering what story was stirring inside them waiting to be told. Then they had a flash bolt of lightning and remembered the whispering voice of the great writers’ that the best way to overcome writer’s block is to just start. This and the drive to get a kindle just for participating compelled the Livewirian to tap the keys over and over until the page was full and the story had unfolded.
So Livewire as you may tell already this theme is storytelling!!
The aim: Tell us a story, we all have a budding story in us waiting to tell.
But how?: Get out your pen and paper, iPad or laptop and start writing. Sometimes going for a walk, listening to music or watching a film can be a great way for ideas to come to mind. And if you’re not a fan of typing, perhaps try speech to text! Google it, there are so many out there.
Looking for inspiration your own life and story can be a great start! Think of stories that you love and what you love so much about them?
* Remember all content needs to be Livewire appropriate (PG rated), and your own work.
Livewire reserves the right to refuse entries if they do not meet the above criteria