Once upon a time a Livewire Member sat down on a cold winter’s night with uggs boots, a cuppa and laptop open. They stared blankly at the white rectangle wondering what story was stirring inside them waiting to be told. Then they had a flash bolt of lightning and remembered the whispering voice of the great writers’ that the best way to overcome writer’s block is to just start. This and the drive to get a kindle just for participating compelled the Livewirian to tap the keys over and over until the page was full and the story had unfolded.
So Livewire as you may tell already this month’s theme for August is storytelling!!
The aim: Tell us a story, we all have a budding story in us waiting to tell.
But how?: Get out your pen and paper, iPad or laptop and start writing. Sometimes going for a walk, listening to music or watching a film can be a great way for ideas to come to mind. And if you’re not a fan of typing, perhaps try speech to text! Google it, there are so many out there.
Give me some example’s: It could be…
- A poem or lyrics (max 250 words)
- Short Story (500-2000 words)
- Kids story (max 250 words)
- A review i.e. movie, game, book (max 500 words)
- A letter (max 1000 words)
- Film, play or musical script (250-2000 words)
- Storyboard or Comic (min 5 words)
- Essay (500-2000 words)
- Article (250-1000 words)
Looking for inspiration your own life and story can be a great start! Think of stories that you love and what you love so much about them?
* Remember all content needs to be Livewire appropriate (PG rated), and your own work.
What’s in it for me?: A Kindle! Yep, everyone who sends us a story gets a kindle. All of the entries will be uploaded onto it too!
Ok! I’m excited, how do I enter? Great question!
- Step 1 – Get Inspired
- Step 2 – Tell your story, give it a title
- Step 3 – Email your story to [email protected]
- Entries close 31st August 2020 11:59 AEST (Limited to one entry per current & validated Livewire Member. Max 150 Kindles are available for this giveaway)
We’ll upload your stories as articles to share with the community & tag you, we can’t wait to read all of your entries!
Livewire reserves the right to refuse entries if they do not meet the above criteria